Wording for your Gift in Will
Suggested wording to include a Gift in your Will
The next time you’re updating or changing your Will, you can simply ask your solicitor or Trustee Company to insert a few simple words into your new Will. Our suggested wording for including a gift to the Stroke Foundation is outlined below.
This short clause contains all of the details of the gift that you’d like to leave behind to fight stroke after you’ve gone.
Your solicitor may appreciate a copy of our Suggested Wording for your Will for including a gift to the Stroke Foundation. You can simply ask your solicitor to insert the appropriate clause selected from the wording below into your Will:
“I give free of all duties or taxes...
[Please insert here the appropriate statement selected from the 6 options below:]
- the whole of my estate
- [insert number] percent of my estate
- the residue of my estate
- [insert number] percent of the residue of my estate
- the sum of $ [insert value of your gift]
- [insert number] of my [insert name of shares] shares.
...to the Stroke Foundation (ABN 42 006 173 379) for its general purposes. The official receipt of the organisation shall be a full and sufficient discharge to my executor.”
Visit our useful links page to find a local solicitor or Trustee Company.
What can you do next?
- Find out how to include a Gift in your Will
- Take our Suggested Wording for your Will to your solicitor
- Contact the Gifts in Wills Team
- Visit our Questions Answered page to find our more
Gifts in Wills - Quick Information
Legal Name: Stroke Foundation ABN: 42 006 173 379
Registered Address: Level 7, 461 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
Wording for your Will: Click here for our suggested wording for your Will
Any questions? Please contact the Gifts in Wills Team on 1300 194 196 or email email@example.com