Stroke Awards Nomination
Stroke Care Champion Award
- Remember that we can only accept nominations for a professional who has been working in the field of stroke care or prevention for over five years. This could include a GP, care worker, stroke nurse, physiotherapist or speech and language therapist etc.
- Tell us where your nominee works and what their job title is.
- Tell us how you know the professional e.g. patient, family, colleague, etc. and give us an indication of how long you've known them for.
- Give us some examples of how your nominee has gone above and beyond their regular duties to provide excellent care for stroke survivors or people at risk of stroke.
- Tell us what personal attributes your nominee has that make them an exceptional professional in the field of stroke care or prevention.
Improving Life After Stroke Award
- Remember that your nominee must be either a stroke survivor, carer or volunteer who has shown commitment to helping stroke patients get their lives back on track after stroke.
- Tell us where your nominee carries out their stroke support work and how long they have been volunteering their time to improve their life and others.
- Tell us what duties the nominee carries out in their role as a carer or volunteer.
- Give us some examples of how your nominee goes above and beyond their regular life duties.
- Tell us what personal qualities and attributes your nominee has that makes them a change maker for stroke survivors.
- Tell us when your nominee had their stroke and any short and long-term effects, for example communication difficulties, mobility problems, emotional problems etc.
- Tell us if your nominee has ever received support from the National Stroke Foundation, for example our information, advice and support services, Strokeline etc.
- Tell us what your nominee did before their stroke and how their life has changed since the stroke.
- Tell us how your nominee began to rebuild their life and how they became involved in the creative arts
- Tell us about the type of art they are involved in and how it has aided their rehabilitation.
- Make sure you send us examples of your nominee's work to email@example.com (please don't send originals as we won't be able to return them). You could send photographs, copies or recordings on CD or DVD. Remember that the work of art must have been produced since the nominee's stroke and not before.
Fundraiser of the Year Award
- Tell us what your nominee has done to fundraise for the National Stroke Foundation.
- Tell us how long your nominee has been an active fundraiser.
- Tell us how much money your nominee has raised for the National Stroke Foundation.
- Tell us what personal qualities your nominee has that make them an exceptional fundraiser.