Volunteer Reception and Administration Assistant
The Stroke Foundation is a national not-for-profit organisation that works with stroke survivors, carers, health professionals, government, and the public to reduce the impact of stroke on the Australian community. Our mission is to stop stroke, save lives, and end suffering.
We are looking for motivated, passionate volunteers to join our Business Operations team to assist with administration and general reception tasks. This exciting opportunity requires volunteers to fill the following shifts:
Monday 1pm - 5pm
Tuesday 9am - 1pm
Friday 1pm - 5pm
These roles will support the reception area of our national office in Melbourne CBD, and will therefore often be the first point of contact for people contacting the Stroke Foundation. We strongly encourage stroke survivors and carers to consider applying for these roles.
Comprehensive training will be provided.
The role will involve:
- Welcoming visitors and staff to our office
- Ensuring that our reception area and meeting rooms are tidy, and replenishing kitchen supplies
- Answering, calls, and transferring calls to the main switchboard, and taking messages where appropriate
- Opening and distributing incoming mail and preparing our outgoing mail for collection
- Providing support for the preparation of mail outs
- Providing general administrative support to teams from across the organisation
- Participating in meetings with the Business Operations team and professional development activities.
Your background / skills and experience
- Good verbal communication skills
- The desire to help people
- A positive and professional attitude
- Attention to detail
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
Please clink apply now and completed the expression of interest. Any enquiries regarding the role, please contact Megan Werner (Volunteer Program Coordinator) or Suzanne Larsson (Volunteer Program Coordinator) on (03) 9918 7220.
The Stroke Foundation embraces cultural diversity and strongly encourages suitably qualified people from all cultural backgrounds to apply.