When should you review your Will?
Change in family circumstances
- Births, deaths, marriages
- Separation or divorce
- Starting a de facto relationship
- Your children remarrying or getting divorced
Change in the Executor or other beneficiaries
- Is your Executor still able to carry out their duties?
- Have any beneficiaries passed away since writing your Will?
Change in financial circumstances
- Retirement is an ideal time to be proactive in your estate planning
- A fixed sum of money in a previous Will may be of less value in ‘todays’ dollars
Change in your assets
- Buying or selling assets such as property, cars, shares
Change of residence
- Have you moved interstate?
Support of a charity
- Have you considered including a gift in your Will to your favourite charities?