Thank you from the Stroke Foundation
2018 was a big year here at the Stroke Foundation, and we couldn’t have done it without the support of everyday Australians like you. It is only in partnership with compassionate people like you that we are able to make an impact.
In fact, it is you who is “powering” our work and it is you who is making it happen. Thank you. When you donate so generously to our work, you’re changing the landscape of stroke prevention, treatment and care in Australia.
Every gift makes a difference to all those impacted by stroke – survivors, carers, family members, researchers and health professionals. This is why we are so grateful for your support. Your generosity allows us to work every day to prevent, treat and beat stroke.
Here are just some of the ways your support has helped to make a difference in 2018:
Pop-up health check station during 2018 Stroke Week.
StrokeSafe volunteers and stroke survivors Jayson and Shane.
Marcia, with husband Peter, was the 100,000th stroke survivor to receive our My Stroke Journey recovery guide
- 5,972 stroke survivors, carers and their families have had their questions answered by StrokeLine in their hour of need;
- 505,664 free health checks delivered in partnership with SiSU Wellness for Australia’s Biggest Blood Pressure Check, helping more Australians know their risk of stroke;
- Key stroke information was translated into 8 languages;
- 160 volunteer StrokeSafe speakers reached almost 15,000 Australians with life-saving messages about stroke.
- Stroke Foundation hit an amazing milestone - the 100,000th stroke survivor received My Stroke Journey recovery guide.
- 24,155 My Stroke Journey recovery guides were distributed at 250 hospitals and rehabilitation centres across Australia.
- Commenced the world's first 'living' Stroke Guidelines project which will give our frontline health professionals fast access to the latest in best-practice treatments.
- 3,021 events were held during in National Stroke Week.
We are so grateful for the support of everyday Australians just like you. Your generosity allows us to work every day to prevent, treat and beat stroke.
Please donate today, so we can continue our vital work to prevent stroke, save lives and enhance recovery.