Stroke recovery information
My Stroke Journey has all the information you need immediately after a stroke. It explains the different types of stroke, and provides details about stroke treatment and recovery.
My Stroke Journey is also available in Easy English.
Our fact sheets provide more detail on a range of topics, including:
- Communication after stroke
- Depression and anxiety after stroke
- Diet after stroke
- Driving after stroke
- Emotional and personality changes after stroke
- Fatigue after stroke
- Incontinence after stroke
- Medication after TIA and stroke
- Mobility and exercise after stroke
- Moving to residential aged care after stroke
- Pain management after stroke
- Palliative care after stroke
- Returning to work after stroke
- Sex and relationships after a stroke
- Swallowing problems after stroke
- Supporting children after stroke
- Thinking and perception after stroke
- Upper limb management after stroke
- Vision loss after stroke
- My journey after stroke (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander information)
- Videos and fact sheets on a wide range of topics impacting daily life after stroke
- A community forum to ask questions and share experiences with other stroke survivors and carers
- A tool to set and track personal goals for recovery.
We also have a free DVD about depression for stroke survivors and their carers:
Post Stroke Checklist
This Post-Stroke Checklist has been developed to help you talk to your healthcare team, acting as a prompt for common problems experienced by people post-stroke. Fill it out and take it with you to each visit and raise relevant questions with your team.
Post Stroke CHECKLIST
Call StrokeLine for more information on 1800 787 653 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to nib foundation and Bayer Australia for your generous support to help make MSJ possible in 2015.