The Stroke Foundation is a national charity that partners with the community to prevent, treat and beat stroke. We stand alongside stroke survivors and their families, healthcare professionals and researchers. We build community awareness and foster new thinking and innovative treatments. We support survivors on their journey to live the best possible life after stroke. We are the voice of stroke in Australia and we work to:
- Raise awareness of the risk factors, signs of stroke and promote healthy lifestyles.
- Improve treatment for stroke to save lives and reduce disability.
- Improve life after stroke for survivors.
- Encourage and facilitate stroke research.
- Advocate for initiatives to prevent, treat and beat stroke.
- Raise funds from the community, corporate sector and government to continue our mission.
Mission and values
Our vision is a world free from disability and suffering caused by strokeRead more
Councils, boards, patrons and executive and our annual reviewsRead more
Stroke Strategy 2024 will ensure more Australians are empowered, supported and connected so that together, we can realise our visionRead more
Let us share with you the conversations we've been having with the people we support.Read more
Celebrating 25 years of Stroke FoundationRead more
Our commitment to you
We are committed to ensuring that consumer rights and responsibilities are respected, upheld and maintainedRead more
We currently employ over 80 staff across Australia with offices in Hobart, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and PerthRead more