Compliments, suggestions and complaints
Stroke Foundation values its relationship with you and we welcome your feedback which enables us to review and improve processes and acknowledge good service.
Additionally, complaints received by the Stroke Foundation will be handled in accordance to the Commonwealth Ombudsman’s Better Practice Complaint Handling Guide.
Our commitment to you
Stroke Foundation is committed to ensuring any person or organisation using our services or affected by our operations, including consumers, supporters, stakeholders and members of the community, has the right to provide feedback and to have any concerns addressed in ways that ensure access and equity, fairness, accountability and transparency. Complaints will be investigated in a professional and timely manner and we undertake to keep you informed throughout.
How do I provide feedback or make a complaint?
Feedback or complaints may be made in writing, completing our online form, by phone call or in person.
- Complete our form online or
- Download the form (PDF), complete and
- Mail to Complaints Management Co-ordinator, Stroke Foundation, Level 7, 461 Bourke Street, VIC 3000;
- Fax to +61 3 9670 9300;
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Call us during business hours Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm AEST on +61 3 9670 1000 and ask to speak with the Complaints Management Co-ordinator; or
- Make an appointment to lodge your feedback/complaint at your local Stroke Foundation Office.
- Create and submit the feedback form. Please note this can be created by you or on your behalf.
- Include your contact details so we can contact/provide you with a response. You may wish to remain anonymous in which case we will not be able to respond to your feedback.
- Be specific and factual.
- Suggestions and compliments will be forwarded to the relevant business area.
- General complaints will be handled by our Complaints Management Co-ordinator.
- Complaints regarding data breaches will be handled by our Privacy Officer.
What happens next?
Your complaint will be acknowledged, investigated and an outcome provided to you within thirty (30) days. If the complaint is complex and further time required, we will let you know in writing, and provide you with an expected completion date. If you are not happy with the outcome of the complaint, we will advise next steps including options for appealing the outcome of the complaint internally or externally.