Media Administration Support Volunteer
Stroke is one of Australia’s biggest killers and a leading cause of disability amongst adults. There are approximately 56,000 new and recurrent strokes each year in Australia with one occurring every 9 minutes. Stroke affects people of all ages but predominantly occurs in the elderly. There are almost 475,000 people living after stroke in Australia. Despite public misperception, there are proven treatments for stroke prevention and recovery.
The Stroke Foundation is a national not-for-profit organisation that works with stroke survivors, carers, health professionals, government and the public to reduce the impact of stroke on the Australian community. Our mission is to prevent stroke, save lives and enhance recovery. We are the voice of stroke in Australia.
Our Values of Courage, Excellence, Compassion, Integrity and Leadership are an integral part of our culture, brand and positioning, and inform our decisions and behaviours in our dealings internally within the organisation, and externally with our stakeholders.
About the program
The Public Affairs team aims to raise the profile of the Stroke Foundation to increase support for our activities across the Australian community. The aims of this program include:
- Increasing the awareness of stroke across the Australian community
- Strengthening the reputation and brand of the Stroke Foundation so it is targeted and relevant for all stakeholder groups
- Ensuring the Stroke Foundation brand is executed consistently
- Eliciting high levels of engagement for all Stroke Foundation programs and activities
- Ensuring Stroke Foundation messages, resources and programs have maximum impact and/or reach
Roles and Responsibilities
Providing administrative support to the Communications Division, your duties will include:
- Maintaining stakeholder records and databases
- Transcribing interviews
- Data entry across various communication projects
- Updating media contacts database
- Entering website content
- Formatting reports
- Responding to enquiries
- Assisting with any other administration requirements
Program targets and objectives
By providing administration support for the Stroke Foundation’s PR & Media team you will support the Communications Division to deliver its work plans, aims and objectives, and reports.
Your background, skills and experience
You will have a positive can-do attitude, like talking to people and enjoy working in a team environment.
Specifically, you will have:
- Highly developed administration, organisation and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use Microsoft packages including Outlook (email), Word and Excel
- Experience utilising CRM tools
- Helpful and courteous manner
- Ability to work in a team or independently
The Stroke Foundation embraces cultural diversity and strongly encourages suitably qualified people from all cultural backgrounds to apply.
Apply now Download role profile