Stroke Foundation Board Director - Expression of Interest
The Stroke Foundation is a national not-for-profit organisation that works with stroke survivors, carers, health professionals, government, and the public to reduce the impact of stroke on the Australian community. Our mission is to Prevent Stroke, Save Lives, Enhance Recovery.
Purpose of the role
The Stroke Foundation Board is seeking to appoint an Independent Member. As a Board Director you will:
- fulfill all the legal and fiduciary duties of a director of a company
- champion Stroke Foundation’s vision, mission and values to both internal and external stakeholders
- serve as an ambassador and advocate for the Stroke Foundation at public events, and
- develop and maintain beneficial relationships with donors, funders, supporters, collaborators and other stakeholders to further the Stroke Foundation’s mission.
Specialist knowledge, skills and attributes
The Board is keen to hear from candidates with professional experience in the following specialist area:
We are seeking an inclusive, collaborative leader who builds effective relationships and brings out the best in others. In addition, you will have:
- Board experience (as a Director)
- Significant Committee level governance experience including experience chairing governance committees or equivalent
- A well developed and respected public profile
- Clear communication and be an experienced facilitator
- An extensive professional network and willingness to access that network to enhance the profile and reputation of the Foundation
- Located in Queensland (preferred, but open to other states)
Your business-related competencies and skills will include:
- Solid knowledge of corporate governance
- Business acumen and financial literacy
- Risk management
- Strategic thinking and demonstrated experience in leading and delivering on strategic partnerships
- Leadership facilitation including an ability to lead discussion and debate that draws on expertise and skills of all Board members
This role is subject to the following:
- National Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Professional Reference Checks
- Evidence of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination is also required for this role (unless a valid exemption exists)
- Director Identification Number (under the Australian Business Registry Services)
What's on offer?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Board of one of Australia’s leading not-for profit organisations that has a positive influence on the lives of thousands of Australians each year.
If you are passionate about making an impact and want to be part of an organisation that is making a real difference in people’s lives, please register your interest using the link below and we will be in contact with further details.
Stroke Foundation embraces cultural diversity and strongly encourages suitably qualified people from all cultural backgrounds to apply.
Stroke Foundation was awarded Voice Project’s Best Workplace Award and Change Champion Award for 2022, recognising the organisation’s outstanding performance in work practices and employee engagement
Stroke Foundation is a bi-partisan organisation that delivers advocacy activities in line with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) guidelines. https://www.acnc.gov.au/