Why work with us
Our values of Courage, Excellence, Compassion, Integrity and Leadership underpin everything we do at the Stroke Foundation.We foster a culture that supports mutual learning, trust, respect, dignity, openness and diversity to enable all individuals to reach their full potential. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive work environment that reflects our values and is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
Our most recent staff survey tells us that:
- Over 90 per cent of our people believe in our purpose, mission, vision and values and are committed, loyal and proud to tell people they work for the Stroke Foundation.
- 99 per cent of staff believe that the Stroke Foundation provides high quality goods and services to our consumers and that the future is positive for us!
- Our staff are overwhelmingly positive about the talent we employ and our emphasis on working together to achieve a common goal is visible across all areas of the organisation.
At Stroke Foundation, we do our best to balance our supporters’ expectations against the real need to retain and recognise our employees. In addition to competitive salaries, we also offer a range of cost effective benefits to our staff:
: Can you imagine reducing your taxable income by over $16,000 per year? All staff who work either full or part-time with the Stroke Foundation are able to ‘package’ a huge variety of everyday living costs such as rent, mortgage, car payments, credit cards and even groceries or school fees.
Plus you also have the ability to salary package food and entertainment, accommodation and venue hire over and above the $16,000 limit.
Flexible Work Practices: We recognise that there is more to life than work and are committed to ensuring our staff have a good work-life balance. We therefore offer a range of flexible work arrangements to enable staff to manage their personal circumstance around their work through our flexible work policy.
- A thorough induction and orientation program for all new staff
- A commitment to ongoing professional and career development with internal promotion and transfer opportunities and development plans in place for all staff
- Social, health and wellbeing activities including regular morning/afternoon teas, wellness talks and a 10,000 steps program
- HR-supported probation and review processes
- And much more!