Time to nominate for the 2022 Stroke Awards
Stroke Foundation needs your help to find the unsung heroes in our community who are making the future brighter for people with stroke.
Nominations are open for the Stroke Foundation 2022 national Stroke Awards. The Awards recognise a wide range of people, including survivors of stroke, family members, carers, volunteers, fundraisers, researchers, and health professionals.
There are seven award categories this year (listed below), including a new accolade, the Stroke Warrior Award.
This new award is open to inspirational children who have taken the initiative to raise awareness of stroke, or who are simply inspirational champions in their own recovery or through supporting a stroke-impacted family member.
Stroke Foundation Acting Chief Executive Officer Mark Karlovic said the Stroke Awards are a highlight on the annual Stroke Foundation calendar.
“There are so many incredible individuals across the country who have demonstrated courage, tenacity, passion and care to improve lives for people with stroke,” Mr Karlovic said.
He said the new Stroke Warrior Award is an opportunity to celebrate the efforts of the very youngest in Australia’s stroke community.
“We know there are children and teenagers who make incredible efforts in their own stroke recoveries, and many who play a significant role in the stroke journey of their parents and grandparents. For example, they might have been the one to recognise the signs of stroke and call triple zero (000), or to have arranged their entire school class to write get well letters to a teacher.”
“The caring actions and courage of the children who are living with the impact of stroke in their lives are as important to celebrate as our amazing medical professionals, carers, and fundraisers. We are looking forward to hearing their incredible stories, so we need our wider community to get their nominations in.”
Visit the Stroke Foundation website and nominate now. Nominations close on Friday February 11. The winners will be announced at Stroke Foundation’s Stroke Awards ceremony in Melbourne in May.
Stroke Awards Categories:
• Stroke Warrior Award - Recognises the significant contribution of a person under 18 in stroke awareness, fundraising or advocacy.
• Courage Award – Proudly sponsored by Ipsen. Recognises the indomitable courage and hope shown by a survivor of stroke or carer in facing stroke recovery.
• Creative Award – Proudly sponsored by Marmalade. Celebrates a survivor of stroke's contribution to creative industries including writing, photography, music and fine art.
• Fundraiser of the Year Award– Proudly sponsored by Precision Fundraising. Recognises a fundraiser who has gone above and beyond to help raise awareness and funds for stroke in Australia.
• Improving Life after Stroke Award - Proudly sponsored by Australian Physiotherapy Association. Celebrates those who voluntarily dedicate their time to improving the care and support of survivors of stroke in the community.
• Volunteer of the Year Award – Proudly sponsored by NAB Community. Awarded to an outstanding volunteer whose dedicated service to stroke has made a significant difference.
• President’s Achievement Award – Recognises an exceptional individual who has made a significant contribution to reducing the impact of stroke in our community.
Media contact: Emily Granland m) 0408 000 409 e) email@example.com