Stroke recovery information
My Stroke Journey
My Stroke Journey (PDF 6.1 MB) has all the information you need immediately after a stroke. It explains the different types of stroke, and provides details about stroke treatment and recovery.
We also have an Easy English version of My Stroke Journey (PDF 5.5 MB).
My Stroke Journey has been made possible thanks to the generous support of Bayer Australia since 2015.
For Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people there is also Journey After Stroke (PDF 5.0 MB), produced in partnership with Queensland Health.
EnableMe: stronger after stroke
To help you manage your own stroke recovery we have EnableMe. The EnableMe website is Australia’s largest online stroke community. It brings together:
- information, videos and podcasts on topics about life after stroke
- forums and blogs for support and answers from other stroke survivors and carers
- tools for setting and tracking recovery goals.
Find out more and join the community at enableme.org.au
Our series of short fact sheets provide more detail on the following topics:
- Aged care homes after stroke
- Alcohol after stroke
- Communication after stroke
- Depression and anxiety after stroke
- Diet after stroke
- Driving after stroke
- Emotional and personality changes after stroke
- Fatigue after stroke
- Incontinence after stroke
- Medication after TIA and stroke
- Mobility and exercise after stroke
- Muscle spasticity after stroke
- Pain after stroke
- Palliative care after stroke
- Return to work after stroke
- Sex and relationships after stroke
- Swallowing problems after stroke
- Supporting children after a family member's stroke
- Thinking and perception after stroke
- Upper limb management after stroke
- Vision loss after stroke
The Post-Stroke Checklist was developed to help you talk to your healthcare team about common problems experienced by people after stroke. Fill it out and take it with you to each visit and raise relevant questions with your team.
Post-Stroke Checklist (PDF 905 KB)
StrokeLine’s health professionals provide information, advice, support and referral. StrokeLine’s practical and confidential advice will help you manage your health better and live well.