2023 Stroke Award Finalists announced
Stroke Foundation is pleased to announce the inspirational finalists for this year’s national Stroke Awards.
2023 Stroke Award Finalists
Stroke Warrior Award – Proudly Sponsored by Abbvie
This category recognises the significant contribution of a person under 18 in recovery, stroke awareness, fundraising or advocacy.
- Jackson King, Buderim, Queensland
- Noah Barlow, Bacchus Marsh, Victoria
- Elena Lu, Killara, New South Wales
Improving Life after stroke - Proudly sponsored by Australian Physiotherapy Association
This category recognises those who voluntarily dedicate their time to improving the care and support of survivors of stroke in the community.
- Letisha Kalin, Highland Park, Queensland
- Gregg Oughton, Oldbury, Western Australia
- Priya Sharma, West Pennant Hills, New South Wales
Fundraiser of the Year Award - Proudly sponsored by Precision Fundraising
This category recognises a fundraiser who has gone above and beyond to help raise awareness and funds for stroke in Australia.
- Dan Maitland, Mordialloc, Victoria
- Nick Beever, Highton, Victoria
- Peter Scott, Mount Martha, Victoria
Courage Award - Proudly sponsored by Ipsen
This category recognises the courage and hope shown by survivors and carers in stroke recovery.
- Mikaela Reilly, Mount Gambier, South Australia
- Nicole Gallacher, Mount Evelyn, Victoria
- Richard Crookes, Marlow Lagoon, Northern Territory
Creative Award – Proudly sponsored by Allevi8
This celebrates a survivor of stroke's contribution to creative industries including
- Gretel Burgess, Curtin, Australian Capital Territory
- Emma Green, Clear Island Waters, Queensland
- Douglas Hemming, Clayfield, Queensland
Volunteer of the Year Award - Proudly sponsored by NAB Community
This category recognises outstanding volunteers whose dedicated service has made a significant difference.
- Kris Vanston, Melbourne, Victoria
- Lillian Chen, Strathfield, New South Wales
- Tony Finneran, Padstow, New South Wales
President’s Achievement Award Winners
This category recognises exceptional dedication, outstanding contributions and exemplary service to Stroke Foundation.
- Professor Stephen Davis AO and Professor Geoffrey Donnan AO, Melbourne, VIC
We are proud to welcome Bristol Myers Squibb - Pfizer Alliance as the Major Sponsor for the 2023 Stroke Awards!
"At Bristol Myers Squibb - Pfizer Alliance, we strive to improve health and wellbeing at every stage of life, and to achieve this for all people and communities. It’s a real privilege to be the Major Sponsor of the Stroke Foundation Stroke Awards”